I couldn’t help it, I had to share these videos. These young kids talent really blows me away. I only hope that one day my future children will shock and awe us with some hidden talent that husband and I are both sadly lacking in, and we will promptly sign them up for whatever version of American Idol/XFactor is popular in 2028. Ok, not really, but it sure would make for enjoyable listening around the house. Just amazing…
So even though it’s still hitting over a 100 every day here in Dallas, what I would not give for a crisp day in the 60’s, summer is officially over. All in all, it was pretty good. This summer we :
Enjoyed a relaxing vacation re-do with family.
Went to our favorite outdoor concert series.
Had leisurely dates every weekend.
Made a vintage inspired vacation movie.
Tried new recipes.
Celebrated our 4 year anniversary.
Golfed a little.
Had our first belly-dancing experience.
Started a side-project.
Wasted a way in Margaritaville.
Received care packages from home.
Had a front row view of our favorite artist in concert.
Went to our first crawfish boil.
We also set our course for the coming year over Labor Day Weekend. (But you know what they say about best-laid plans…)
- 8:30 Roll into the office after harrowing, Nascar-worthy driving experience in morning traffic. Grab breakfast at your desk while your emails load.
- 9:00 Surprise meeting set by your boss the night before after you had already left work. Frantically print off project you thought you had time to polish this morning.
- 9:30 Back to desk, asses daily projects, read emails, go over to-do list. Accomplish nothing as its now time for your next meeting.
- 10:00 Meeting.
- 10:30 Start project assigned at 10:00am meeting, due at 1:00.
- 11:30 Meeting about setting meetings for project schedule.
- 12:00 Eat lunch at desk while blessedly escaping with your favorite blogs. Or, if feeling ambitious, go to the office gym and rush through 45 minute workout, 5 minute shower, and pull clothes back on over still-sweating body.
- 1:00 Meeting to review project assigned at 10:00am meeting. Boss forgot they assigned project/no longer are interested in project. Scrap your work without blinking, assign you a new project. This one is high priority, drop everything.
- 3:00 Realize your eyes are burning from having stared without blinking at computer for 2 hours. Take a walk around the building, forgo healthy snack you packed in favor of eating your feelings with a giant chocolate chip cookie from Café.
- 3:30 Meeting. No idea what this one is about, leave still feeling that way.
- 4:30 Curse the clock, peruse Pinterest.
- 5:30 Run desperately to your car dreaming of an ice-cold glass of wine, sit in rush hour traffic.
Today is ones of those days. The ones where all you want to do is go back home, pour yourself an extra-large glass of wine (or two) and pull the covers back over your head. This clip pretty much sums up my morning at work today…oh yeah, and I dipped my freshly washed and blow dried hair into my soy sauce from lunch, which I waited in a crowded line for like 30 minutes and subsequently had to eat at my desk. Hence, leaning over distractedly and discovering the ends of my hair are dripping soy sauce. Sigh. Will be picking up a bottle of Pinot on the drive home. Thank god it’s there’s a three-day weekend coming!
Sunday I was craving a hamburger and chocolate milkshake sooo bad we drove all over Dallas to get one (Taylor is so sweet) and it was worth it!
I did clean my house this weekend and purchased some really great one-size-fits all woven baskets. Made for a more relaxing start to the week to have that chore out of the way.
Monday night was exceptionally nice, came home and made butternut pumpkin soup from scratch, Taylor picked up our favorite sea-salt rolls and cheese from Whole Foods and we watched my favorite movie by candlelight. Not bad for a Monday!