Hello Canadian Tuxedo! You’ve never looked better, by the way… I’m loving the denim on denim trend for fall – comfy, casual and classic. Pretty much my trifecta for getting dressed. Perfection!
- 8:30 Roll into the office after harrowing, Nascar-worthy driving experience in morning traffic. Grab breakfast at your desk while your emails load.
- 9:00 Surprise meeting set by your boss the night before after you had already left work. Frantically print off project you thought you had time to polish this morning.
- 9:30 Back to desk, asses daily projects, read emails, go over to-do list. Accomplish nothing as its now time for your next meeting.
- 10:00 Meeting.
- 10:30 Start project assigned at 10:00am meeting, due at 1:00.
- 11:30 Meeting about setting meetings for project schedule.
- 12:00 Eat lunch at desk while blessedly escaping with your favorite blogs. Or, if feeling ambitious, go to the office gym and rush through 45 minute workout, 5 minute shower, and pull clothes back on over still-sweating body.
- 1:00 Meeting to review project assigned at 10:00am meeting. Boss forgot they assigned project/no longer are interested in project. Scrap your work without blinking, assign you a new project. This one is high priority, drop everything.
- 3:00 Realize your eyes are burning from having stared without blinking at computer for 2 hours. Take a walk around the building, forgo healthy snack you packed in favor of eating your feelings with a giant chocolate chip cookie from Café.
- 3:30 Meeting. No idea what this one is about, leave still feeling that way.
- 4:30 Curse the clock, peruse Pinterest.
- 5:30 Run desperately to your car dreaming of an ice-cold glass of wine, sit in rush hour traffic.
It’s crazy to think summer’s almost over and I’m already contemplating fall, but I think when you work in retail you have major timeline confusion (we’re working on Holiday and Summer 2013!) Nevertheless, fall starts setting in August and it’s hard not to be inspired by all the fresh styles and colors available. I think I am so drawn to this season because it has always been my favorite time of year. I love crisp fall days, the smell of smoke in the air and the changing colors of the leaves, taking walks in the brisk air with a pumpkin spice latte, yum!. It always makes me think of new beginnings and gets me excited for what’s ahead in the coming year. Hopefully this fall will bring something new again…all that said, here are some of my favorite looks for fall and some that will help make the transition (and yes, I am well aware of the amount of black in each outfit – I would make an excellent New Yorker).
images via My Style.
Packing for 10 days in one duffel is tricky…but husband and I pride ourselves in never checking a bag. It makes for seriously less stressful (and cheaper!) travel. Sooo, here I am, a little under 2 weeks away from our vacation and I feel the pressure to start considering what to bring. We always keep it pretty low-key, boating, biking and beaching being the main activities with a few extras like summer concerts and evenings out thrown into the mix. Side note – my sweet home town, though full of many amazing qualities, considers anything more than a t-shirt the height of fashion, so need to go crazy…that in mind, here are a few of my staple favorites I plan to bring along : a classic black bikini, gold coin necklace, goes-with-anything sandals, a bright tote for packing around & serious sunscreen. A great tip is wearing anything bulky on the plane, so I may bring my favorite fedora and layer myself up like a crazy bag lady while flying. But hey, whatever works!
Man, I need to convince Taylor that he needs a pair of these! They are crazy awesome and pretty sexy in my opinion…what is it about a man in a great pair of jeans and boots (gets me anyway).